Monday, February 16, 2015

Blog #2

For my project, I decided to choose the group, "Race and Identity". What I found important, was being able to focus on the judgement that comes with this. By judgement, I mean the way people think when they look at a person, or any form of racism that happens in the world today. I chose this idea because I feel that certain races/ethnicity get criticized much more than others, and I do not feel that this is fair at all. There is reasons that people feel the way that they feel and I think it's going to be essential to be able to explore that. For this project, I was thinking about possibly interviewing different people with different races/ethnicity. By doing this, I'll be able to get insight on some positive/negative things that they have experienced in their life because of "Judgement from others". By doing this, I'll be able to explore many different races and also see how they feel about others. I think what may be interesting is possibly being able to get an audio or a video where I would be able to make a documentary or just a film of some sort where we would all be able to visually see and hear the people speak about their different races and the struggles that they have to go through. This may be difficult because I do not have a camera, so that's why I'm still not 100% positive that's exactly what I'm going to do but I think for my focus, this would be awesome. If I'm able to the film instead of just the audio, I will make that atleast 20-30 minutes depending on how many people I interview and how much information I get. If worst comes to worst, I will try to use the video on my cell phone and somehow put it all together on the computer. What inspires me is just hearing all the problems on the news about Racism and all the incidents that are happening where people are being judged and misjudged and I've always thought this was unfair, so this class is allowing me to explore these feelings and be able to see how others feel about it also. If I am not able to get a camera or use my phone to do this documentary film, than I will most likely create a form of a website and add some visuals on there and the information that I get from my interviews from all the people in each race. I know the documentary would come out much more effective, but if I do not have the materials to do that, I will make sure that my website provides all the different races, the information that I had gotten from the people that I had interviewed (Possible audio or videos if I can) and I will also provide stories that have been on the news that has to due with judgement of ones race/ethnicity. I just really want to focus on the people whom I'm interviewing, but it's possbile that I can add in outside sources of issues going on around the world today and why this is pertains to Race and Identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment