Monday, February 16, 2015

Blog #1

What I would like to learn from this class is more about Race and Ethnicity. Since I'm highly interested in becoming a teacher for the ages from P-3, I know that knowing about these are very important since the classrooms will consist of many different races. I'm also interested in learning more about Identity. I feel that as being a part of a society, it's important to know who you are and where your family stems from. I know a small bit of my family tree, but I dont know everything, so I think that this class will help make it easier for me to understand my own personal race & ethnicity, and also many others. I'm also interested in the issues that come along with Race & Ethnicity, because JUDGEMENT is crazy in the world today. I believe that racism is still strong in many areas and there's many reasons why some people may feel like it. It might be interesting to explore this because it's a serious issue and it's something that needs to be understood. Even though I do not believe in racism at all, there's many reasons why people judge others and maybe that's something that we can explore and get into the deeper issue of why people do that. All of these ideas are great, and I know many of us are going to relate. So maybe we can get into groups and explore some of the issues that we all agree upon thoroughly, whether that's through a website, or some sort of presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment